Thursday, December 29, 2011

Why do I get on the scale?

Why do I get on the scale? Or really why do I it every day? I should really only get on there once a week or every 8 days. They (by they I mean all the crazy experts on weight loss I have read... I might even be an expert on weight loss seeing as how much I have studied the subject) say during weight loss you will see decreases in 8 day increments. So to all my weight conscious friends, I know the desire is there to see what changes have happened but give your mind a break. Seeing small increases may interfere with you motivation. And let's be real, motivation is what it's all about in weight loss.

On another note, since I started losing weight in the fall of 2009, my boyfriend has lost over 30lbs! Poor guy has been subjected to all kinds of crazy restrictions at home over these past 2 years. We still have a strict no snacks-in-the-apartment rule. But really the big thing for both of us has been increased activity and mindfulness of what we eat. Also, he is really good about not caring if he hits a plateau. To him, maintaining his current weight is a success. We should all try to have a positive attitude about our weight. Negativity leads to apathy and then we'll just stuff our faces cuz we don't care. Blah!

Here's some thinspiration for everyone.
                                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment