Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Color Correction

Recently I decided I was fed up with my red face. I decided to try Almay Smart Shade Perfect & Correct Primer . Don't be lured in by the cool bottle. This product is unsatisfactory. The colored aspect is not noticeable enough to do any correcting. It is mostly the clear gel when you pump it out. The consistency is smooth and it does add a layer to your skin that could be good as a base before applying powder or foundation. I have combination skin so this only made my whole face oily. In the end I returned it. (Most drug stores will accept makeup you do not like since they don't have testers like Sephora or Ulta.)
smart shade perfect & correct primer

After returning the above item, I purchased L'Oreal Studio Secrets Color Corrector Green . Much better product for the need I have. It is green enough to negate the redness but you could still wear it alone. It goes on somewhat matte so that is good for my combination skin. It pumps out fast and is a little streaky if you don't blend well, but overall I am happy with this product. Oh yeah! and this product is $4 cheaper than the one above.


L'Oreal Studio Secrets Color Corrector Green

No comments:

Post a Comment