Tuesday, January 3, 2012

My Hair Cycle

I hate washing my hair. Mostly because it doubles my shower time since my hair is so long. But I also use a semi-permanent hair dye so the less I wash it the longer it stays.

Due to my infrequent hair washing I have a "cycle" of hair styles. A couple things about the pictures... I am not good at taking pictures of myself. And, I don't put my makeup on until later in the day so some pics will be a little... uh, scary.  haha.

Day 1
I wash my hair. No condition in the shower. Just about a dime size of leave-in conditioner for the ends when I get out. The less conditioner I use the longer I can go without washing it. While it is soaking wet I put it up in a high pony tail. Then I put in a sock bun. (Here is a link with instructions to do that. http://thatwifeblog.com/2011/08/the-sock-bun/ Hers is low which i disagree with because then you may have to use pins. If it sits high on your head it will stay without pins.) I like to do this on the first day when it is wet because you don't have to comb it to do this (in general I try never to comb or brush my hair wet) and while it is drying through the day it will set in a nice wave. Please excuse my lack of makeup. The pic on the left is right out of the shower. The one on the right is later in the day. This hairstyle really holds. Plus I went and played tennis for an hour, danced to Just Dance 3 for an hour and then I slept in it. Still looked exactly like this in the morning.


Day 2
Just take out the sock bun and voila!  All I did was shake it out and pin back two front strands. The one on the left is from the morning (excuse the no makeup again). On the right is in the evening (omg what a little makeup can do). You can see it's not as curly but it still has body.



Day 3
Got to go with a pony tail on day 3. Hair is just right for it. 



                                                                                                                 
Day 4
Used my hot rollers. Love them. You can check them out here.
This is right after I pulled them out.


This is later that same day.
 
Day 5
Hot rollers again and this day it will stay really curly. 

This pic is around 10:30pm.


Day 6
Poofy bun day = Hair is too dirty for anything else. Great way to make dirty hair look elegant. (Note: dirty hair does not equal smelly hair. If your at smelly hair, you've gone too far. Time to wash it.)

Got two pics here. Just trying to show how it looks but felt like neither pic was that great.


Day 7
Wash it and start all over. Some weeks I do sock buns and poofy buns every day or a pony tail alternating with a bun. I tend to wear my hair up, but it is winter here and this is really the only time of year I can wear my hair down. Starting in March it will get too hot for anything other than up-dos.

Just one other thing... While trying to get the pics for this post I realized how horrible it is to take pictures of yourself. Most of them turn out terrible. And I had to use some that I thought were less than good in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment